Thursday, August 31, 2006

Slow Thursday

Well, it has slowed down out there right now...Dumont is a Predator, the Daze debate rages on. So in order to write, just to write, I figured I would give my pre-season prediction as to how I think our beloved Habs are going to fare this year.
Here it goes, I think the Habs are going to squeak into the playoffs again this year. I think that the lineup might be slightly better then that which was iced last year, but not improved enough to place them anywhere near the top off the Eastern conference. There are too many question marks, Saku's health, is Huet the real deal, is Carbo a big league caliber coach..Can this line up stay healthy, where is that big number one center, etc.
The East is wide open, Carolina proved last year, that any team can pull together, and make a run for Lord Stanley's cup..That said, it is my humble opinion that Les Habs 2006-07 will finish somewhere in between 6 and 8th this year, and probably be bounced in the first round. The more things change the more the stay the same, I fear.

7 comments:

faux rumors said...

The Habs of 2006-2007 can easily be the next Lightning/Hurricanes. Especially if some of their young guys develop, and they get stellar goaltending.
On paper they are every bit as good from top to bottom as almost all the other competative Eastern teams. Key is to stay healthy!

Joseph said...

i agree...but my fear is goaltending, and health...i have been a habs fan for along time, i have learned to set my expectations low..then if the habs exceed my expectations its all gravy.

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree that the habs are as good top to bottom as other eastern division teams.
1) they don't have what would rate as a first line on most other teams. Several reasonably good secon lines or liners, but come on noe real top rate players.
2) There defence is average at best.
and of course iffy goaltending and health.

Wish I was wrong about this, but I just don't see any marquis players on the Habs.

PG

Joseph said...

Ya i think its going to be a roller coaster ride...but hey we have come to get used to that as habs fans.

faux rumors said...

Did anyone think the Hurricanes defense and goaltending was Cup material BEFORE last season started?
In the New NHL, anyone(except the Islanders and Caps) could win the East!

Joseph said...

true true...but the habs may be saku less..so while yes there are questions on defence, and in between the pipes...the prospect that mickey ribs is the number one center..is a scary one to say the least.

Anonymous said...

Ribiero should be in the minors until he learns how to work, put the puck in the net and give and take a check. At best he is a 4th line center.
I doubt any team in the league would take him as a gift.
PG