Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Puck Has Dropped

Ah yes, the leaves are falling (almost as fast as the Leafs' playoff hopes..ZING), MLB playoffs have started, the NFL is in full swing, the NBA is in training camp mode....and yes, yes, yes, the puck has dropped for yet another year of the bestest sport on the planet, hockey. This is the time of the year when sports junkies like myself are giddy..... so many options, not enough time, head quite near to exploding......callouses on my remote hand.

Our beloved Habs kick it all off, on Friday against the Sabres. I figure they might get their asses handed to them, the Sabres look tight, and I think the Habs are still a work in progress. Thing is, I don't care, I can't wait to watch the Habs on RDS, I am sick and tired of the Toronto centric TSN hockey coverage....don't get me going on how I feel about Hockey Night In Canada. And what is the deal with meathead hockey commentators..the CBC has Grapes, and now TSN counters with Tie Domi...wow, sure hockey isn't an intellectual enterprise...but please.

Well ya, I am ranting for the sake of ranting...the puck has dropped, I am giddy, giggling like a school girl.....yippee!!!!

No comments: