Friday, February 02, 2007

and then a hockey game broke out......

Ok I will admit it, I missed almost all of last night's Pens vs. Habs game. To bad, from what I have read it may have been the best game of the season. I did however catch the Souray-Armstrong blow up. Props to Souray for standing-up for his captain (I know, I know, I am not usually all that nice to the big guy, but I will tip my hat to him for that),I believe the zebras went a little overboard with the penalty calls, how about maybe just a 5 and a 10, the instigator penalty should not have been doled out, because hell Armstrong turtled, and was not given a fighting major himself....so how can one be called an instigator, if there was no one compelled to return any jabs? I believe the Armstrong hit on Saku was a direct result of the Habs pounding on Crosby...the problem with the whole thing is that, if either team had any tough guys, the running of each team's best player wouldn't happen, each team's enforcer would meet mano et mano and the cheap shots would be held to a minimum.



Looks like there is some animosity between the Habs and Pens, which is great, the Habs need to play with a chip on their shoulder, emotion has seemed to be lacking on this team for the last month or so. If the Habs are going to make a push for the playoffs, and have any success in the post season, they are going to have to play with that kind of emotion night in and night out. Sunday's rematch should be a doozie..... hmmm seems to me there might be another big game on Sunday, oh right damn, the Super Bowl, looks like I will have a sore clicker finger.





powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

faux rumors said...

1) another case in point of why the instigator penalty needs to either be changed or eliminated entirely
2) The head hunting of Koivu was awful to see, then the salt in the wound was the ref didn't call Armstrong on the dirty hit AND Souray was given about 250 penalty minutes for doing the refs job and protecting his captain
3) The need to have a resident goon to prevent such shenanigans is becoming clearer and cleare to many of us. Time for Gary to see it as well