Thursday, May 24, 2007

Enough with the Canada's team crap....



Ok I get it TSN and the CBC have a vested interest in pimping the Ottawa Senators as Canada's team. Its a matter of garnering interest in the Stanley Cup Finals, sure it makes sense. The more bandwagon jumpers the better, its all about ratings, ad revenue, but fawk, get over it already. The majority of Canadian hockey fans are either Habs fans or Leafs fans, true Habs fans or Leafs fans have an awful time cheering for the Sens..it just doesn't seem right. So Sports Center cobble together as many Top Ten reasons why Ottawa should be Canada's team as you like..I am sick of it. Go Ducks.



Powered by ScribeFire.

5 comments:

FAUX RUMORS said...

1) As we've asked/pointed out on our blog/elsewhere:
a) The Ducks have MORE Canadian born players
b) Which would represent Canada more/better: Alfredsson or Edmonton-born Scott Niedermayer accepting the Cup?
2) The Senators, unlike the Oliers last year, are NOT an underdog story. These are probably the two best teams. Rooting for one based upon national identity is silly

Joseph said...

Agreed, except I believe the Niedermayer boys are from BC...of no importance of course. I for one could care less, if the team were filled with Martians or from Baghdad, what irks me is the Canadian press' constant pimping of the Ottawa bandwagon..I am a Habs fan, I cheer for them first..after that I cheer for the team that have the type of players I like..in these Finals thats the Ducks, sorry Ottawa.

FAUX RUMORS said...

1) We are both correct the Niedermayers moved from Edmonton to BC after Scott and before Rob were born.

FAUX RUMORS said...

1) BTW, no comment on the Markov signing? Probably means your buddy Sheldon Souray is a goner. LOL

Joseph said...

Blogging lightly of late. I am content with the Markov signing, he is in my opinion the best player on the Habs. I will try and catch up soon. I have been a busy boy.