Saturday, October 07, 2006

Game One Recap

W
here have I seen that before, Habs have a one goal lead late in the third, face off deep in their end...poof, tie game....arrrgghhh. I wasn't all that disappointed with their performance lastnight, they didn't blow me away, but they looked okay. The first line was brilliant, the second line except for Pleks, was um well a no show. Lats didn't impress, Niinimaa, was average, made a brutal give away pass (yes, I was warned of that, thing is well, Brisebois was the same, seen it all before), thankfully Higgins, might have been Pleks, back checked, and saved the day.


Disappointments, Souray, am I surprised, well no, but why Carbo had that asshat on the ice late in the 3rd when the Habs are clinging on to a one goal lead I will never know. Huet was average at best, he made a few brilliant saves, he didn't cost the Habs the game, but he certainly wasn't the reason it was a close one either. Kovalev was a no show, he dangled a bit in o.t. and hit the post in the shootout, other than that meh. Sammy was average, he wasn't a liabilty, but he was nothing to write home about.


Summing up, an entertaining first game, had an almost playoff feel to it. Problem being, that it ended with an all too predictable result. Leafs tonight, I expect more of the same, watch for Wellwood, to win it in a shootout...you heard it hear first.



No comments: