Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Week One Roundup

Was it just me, or was week one of the NHL season a little too quiet. Not enough games for my liking, sure let the NFL have their Sunday, but shoot was there a day this week when the NHL scheduled a full slate of games, get it rolling boys, I have waited all summer, I need a bigger fix.

As for what I have seen so far, well the biggest disappointments have had to be the Senators, Canes, and Preds, I think most hockey analysts predicated (myself included, of course I don't get paid, I bitch on my own time) that these 3 teams were amongst the league's elite. The Senators look like they look come playoff time, the Canes might be suffering from a post Stanley cup hangover, and the Preds, well I think their penalty kill is floating around 30%, ouch. Its early the cream always rises to the top, but yikes, could my big 3 have screwed my predications hahaha, that's what I get looking into a crystal ball I suppose.

As for my Habs, they came out of their first 2 games with 3 out of a possible 4 points. Am I all that impressed with their game, um nope. But if they come away with 75% of the points in all their games this season, wow, I will be a happy blogger. I will, bash and praise some more after I see a little more action.

The Puck is dropped, the ice is clean, lets see some hockey action.

No comments: