Friday, October 27, 2006

Upper Canadian Invasion

I
will be blogging rather lightly for the next week or so. I am on my way to Ottawa, and then a short stint in the Mtl. The trip is not at all hockey related, the Sens are on the road most of next week, and budget, and lack of planning (except for the charming of a girl in Ott, and the drinking of a ton of beer in Mtl) have made the viewing of a game pretty much out of the question. Oh well girls and beer, are not such a bad thing, I will catch a coupla games later on in the season.


As for last nights game versus the Bruins, I missed almost all of the first 2 periods. When I finally turned the game on, I just missed the Kovalev meltdown..I did however witness the Bruin powerplay goal that tied the game up. This was yet another stinker, it had the same feel as the Chicago game a week or so ago. I am not sure if the Bruins, and Hawks, play a similar game, maybe the game plan against the Habs, is to play a clutch and grab, old school Nhl game, and hope that the Habs get the majority of the penalties. Which of course was the case lastnight. The Habs have a discipline problem, and the continued whining by the coaching staff right on threw the line up, is certainly not going to endear the Habs to the refs.


Good on Huet for playing playing a solid 60 minute game, good on Higgins for being well Higgins, and good on Markov, for scoring the game winner. Hat tip to some of my buddies in the blogosphere for warning me about the inaptitude of Janne Niinimaa. He certainly is an early candidate for my doghouse, add Kovalev, Lats, and Carbo to the early list as well.

Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) We understand the problems with blogging while away
2) Its too bad as it might be an interesting time in your neck of the woods, with the rumblings from Samsonov and even Kovolev seemingly unhappy

Joseph said...

well i think the sammy and kovi rumblings have subsided, carbo has kovi playing center..and well they have each popped a coupla points lately. as for the blog, its been tough, i haven't had time to get in any habs action..going to a sens game saturday...should be a blast.