Sunday, April 08, 2007

All Over But The Crying....

I have not blogged much lately, there seemed to be a strange connection between my lack of posts and the way the Habs played. Well, superstition aside, the Habs came up short in the biggest game of the year, and will be on the outside looking in, in terms of the 2007 Stanley Cup playoffs.



The 2006/2007 Habs team was a disappointment, at one point early in the season the Habs were solidly 4th in the Eastern Conference and looked to be sneaking up on the Buffalo Sabres for perhaps 1st in the North East. Cue the post-Xmas collapse, starting goalie Huet gets injured longterm, the Habs penalty killing goes in the tank...they are unable to score 5 on 5, constant distractions like that of the Samsonov soap opera, the benching and then trading of Craig Rivet, a no show season by Kovalev and a GM who sat on his hands at the trade deadline...there is more of course, as to why this team didn't make it to the show, but I am suffering from a big lose hangover, I have yet to find levity, I can not yet digest the 06-07 season objectively. Give me a few days, hell I may even point out some positives. SIGH!





Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

FAUX RUMORS said...

1) Probably a Leafs or Habs-Sabres series would have been MUCH more interesting.
2) The mediocrity in the East is amazing. Other than the Rangers, no other of the bottom playoff teams/contenders seemed to want it
3) In the end the Isles squeezed in with their 3rd string goalie! Very improbable. Hope they enjoy one additional week of hockey.
4) yes, the 207-98 Habs will be a different/younger team. They WILL be back!

Joseph said...

I haven't cheered that hard for the Isles for 20 years...I screamed Dubie, Dubie, Dubie after that poke check save on Brylin. My love for the Habs is matched only by my hatred for the Leafs..The Isles victory on Sunday helped ease the sting of the Habs meltdown on Saturday night. Its all about the Wild for me now, they are my default favorite now..why??..couldn't tell you, I am a Twins fan, and I always felt that Minnesota was a default Canadian province anyway..too bad they aren't the North Stars, I miss Dino, Bobby Smith and Brian Bellows.