Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I am Canadian, Meaning I Have to Cheer for The Sens...

Um, well no. Sure I want to see the Sens take care of the Sabres, I can't stand the Sabres, no-brainer there. If the Sens match-up against the Wings in the Finals, I am all Sens, but, but, if the Ducks land in the Finals the Ducks are my team.



I have had a hard time getting emotionally involved in the NHL Playoffs 07, there are no underdogs, the 4 teams remaining in the dance are the 4 teams that are arguably the top 4 teams in the NHL...where is the drama? I suppose if I were a Sens fan, I could get excited about the fact that the Sens have not blown a tire as per usual in the post season. I could bandwagon jump, the Sens being the soul Canadian team left in the big show...similar to the Oilers last year, and the Flames before that..difference being that the Oilers and Flames were gritty underdogs, they both had something special. Bah, Go Sens, I guess.





Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

FAUX RUMORS said...

1) Well, after years of seemingly being Team-choke, it wouldn't be the worst thing to see the team from Kanata win the Cup. Guess the Senators AND Murray were VERY due.
2) Can't believe how easily the Sabres seem to be imploding before our very eyes. They looked like they had no weaknesses going into the playoffs, now they look very ordinary. Their PP is dreadful and looks almost lost.
3) Now if we can get the Boys from Disneyland to beat the Geezers we're assured of a Champ that has never hoisted the Cup before.(We don't count the old Senator Cups from the time even before Chris Chelios was born)

Joseph said...

The Sabres are wimps, they excelled in the regular season when they got all the calls and faced no adversity...funny how the playoffs separate the men from the boys.

Don't look now but the Geezers just might take out the Ducks...WOOT!